PERFECT CARE GOALS
Perfect Care will improve access, quality and safety of cardiac care with the aim reducing mortality, morbidity, length of stay, and readmissions.
Perfect Care’s technology will improve value by reducing costs and improve patient access by eliminating delays, cost of unnecessary travel, as well as facilitate more frequent visits than traditional care.
Perfect Care will accelerate learning with leading-edge clinical and administrative technologies and processes.
Perfect Care’s leadership will transform care through exploration, engagement, learning, and creating new habits for patients and health care teams.
PERFECT CARE TIMELINE
- Assemble Perfect Care collaborative, which includes a Board of Advisors with patient representation, the leadership team, and multidisciplinary, clinical representatives. Define workgroup constitution for pathway and protocol development for all phases of care.
- Develop patient centered checklists that can incorporate each patient’s unique values and needs.
- Develop Perfect Care scorecards.
- Evaluate needs, analyze options and purchase information system-hardware and software-to support Perfect Care and collaborative.
- Evaluate needs, analyze options and purchase appropriate biosensors, automated audience response system, and tele-monitoring tools.
- Test and operationalize technology (information system, biosensors, tele-monitoring, teleconferencing, etc.).
- Initiate remote education and tele-monitoring of pre-procedure and post-acute care patients for three or more facilities.
- Begin data collection to include clinical, financial, biometric, & patient-reported outcomes metrics.
- Refine Perfect Care evidence-based communication tools, pathways and protocols.
- Provide near time, risk-adjusted outcomes.
- Monthly scorecards to collaborative participants and workgroup meetings.
- Solidify meeting schedule to share updates, strengthen relationships, and accelerate learning and improvements.
- Explore and engage payers, industry, policy makers, patients, and philanthropy to develop sustainability strategy.
- Refine education and remote monitoring of pre-procedure and post-acute care patients.
- Expand participating programs in Perfect Care collaborative.
- Refine scorecards, communication tools, pathways and protocols.
- Continuously explore, engage, and innovate to transform care.
- Elucidate quality improvement and value proposition and share lessons learned through presentations and peer-reviewed publications.
- Share with other regional collaboratives and ascertain sustainability plan for southeastern collaborative.
- Consider sharing clinical expertise through the Perfect Care ‘periprocedural home’ – where the rare talent is leveraged with technology.
REMOTE MONITORING TECHNOLOGY
Perfect Care will proactively and comprehensively engage cardiac patients and their families with a novel, personalized, and quantified approach. Our transformed, peri-procedural home is scalable and sustainable.
Perfect Care’s interactive, virtual patient visits with the clinical team will help patients prepare for and recover from their cardiac procedures.
Perfect Care’s remote monitoring includes heart rate, steps, sleep, and weight. Perfect Care will evolve with additional, personalized monitoring – such as oxygen saturation, glucose, anticoagulation, etc.
PRIVACY & SECURITY
The Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Act of 2005 authorized the creation of Patient Safety Organizations (PSOs), to create a legal and secure environment where clinicians and their teams can aggregate, analyze, and report data, with the goal of improving patient care. Perfect Care’s collaboration activities are protected through their PSO.
Perfect Care and its technology partners make privacy and security our highest priority. Our processes and partners are HIPAA compliant.